Minneapolis, MN December 19th, 2016
Colectica today announced the availability of Colectica 5.3, the latest enhancement to the world's most popular data documentation software based on open standards metadata from the Data Documentation Initiative. The new release of Colectica provides the most stable, accurate, standards compliant, and enterprise ready research data documentation software available. The support for DDI, ISO 11179, GSIM, and the GSBPM found in Colectica 5.3 are based on research community best practices from Colectica users in countries around the world.
Major new features include:
- Integration with SAS data and catalog files
- Integration with SPSS 24
- Release of Colectica Portal Core
- French localization of Designer and Portal
- Classification Management based on GSIM and Neuchâtel
- Enhanced programmability in the Colectica SDK nuget package
- Hundreds of new features and improvements
"Our customers need professional, maintained, and up to date software to document their critical research data," said Dan Smith, a partner at Colectica. "Colectica 5.3 continues the tradition of using open standards to create rich metadata describing the research process."
Our customers need professional, maintained, and up to date software to document their critical research data.
Dan Smith, Partner at Colectica
The new Colectica 5.3 release is available now for both software evaluation and to current customers. If you would like to try Colectica free of charge please request a Colectica evaluation. Colectica consists of several software tools.
- Colectica Designer enables documenting of survey methodologies, survey instruments, questions, variables, and datasets.
- Colectica Repository manages changes to the documentation and allows multiple people and groups to work together.
- Colectica Portal allows for publication of this documentation on the web.
All of these products use Open Standards to allow for interoperability with other tools. Colectica products, training on Open Standards, and customized software solutions are available through http://www.colectica.com.
Launched in 2010, Colectica® is the fastest way to design, document, and publish statistical research using Open Data standards. The Colectica Platform is an ideal solution for statistical agencies, survey research groups, public opinion research, data archivists, and other data centric collection operations that are looking to increase the expressiveness and longevity of the data collected through standards based metadata documentation. The company offers a range of highly specific products and services designed to give power to people through easy integration and access to data.
Colectica is a registered trademark of Colectica and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.